Monday, August 6, 2007

Hooterville

When I first showed the house plans to Stephen Drucker, the editor in chief of House Beautiful, he admitted that he had imagined me building and living in something modern! A glass and wood box? He jokingly mentioned Green Acres, which made me laugh. When I was growing up, I loved that show. I also watched The Beverly Hillbillies...with their cement pond. And I fantasized about the train station's water tank on Petticoat Junction. What a cool place for a dip! Is this why I keep thinking about converting the bottom of a old silo into a plunge pool? Or splurging on a wood-fired, hot tub? It's interesting when something strikes a note that suddenly throws your thoughts back years...and you realize that ideas today may have roots in things you were exposed to so long ago!

No comments: